There’s no such thing as a Miracle Diet
There is no reason to complicate weight loss anymore than it has to be with magic diet pills and miracle diets.
Here are a few articles by those in the know on how to make small adjustments in your daily routine to increase your chances of reaching your target goal weight, and achieving your weight loss goals.
10 Best Slimming Foods By Julie Meyer, R.D.
Looking for a miracle diet food? It’s time to call off the search — there’s no such thing. “If you take in more calories than you expend, you gain weight,” says David Katz, M.D., of the Yale Prevention Research Center in Derby, Connecticut. “It’s simple biology, and no milkshake or mackerel can save you from that fate.”
“But before you throw in the towel, there are certain foods that promote satiety (the feeling of fullness that comes after a meal) more than others.”
While they’re not miracle foods, they can help you eat less over the course of the day.
“When you’re looking for foods that are going to keep you fuller for longer, look for ones high in fiber, healthy fats and protein, or with a high water content,” says Barbara Rolls, Ph.D., professor of nutrition at Penn State University and author of The Volumetrics Eating Plan. “The additional benefit is that a lot of these foods are also really good for you and packed with important nutrients, vitamins and minerals.”
Dr. Oz’s first weight-loss tip: Eat breakfast protein every day
“About half the population makes them,” said Oz, who hosts “The Dr. Oz Show” weekdays at 4 p.m. on KJRH, channel 2, cable 9. “
The key to success, he told reporters in a recent teleconference, is making resolutions realistic and attainable.
“For example, if you want to lose weight, eat some breakfast protein (like an egg) every morning without fail, he said. Hard-boil the egg the night before if you don’t have time in the morning.”
He also advised doing different types of exercises and “confusing” your muscles in workouts. “When elite athletes exercise, they don’t do the same workout every day,” he said.
“You do different exercises. You train your muscles. You actually confuse them on purpose because it helps them build faster, and that cross-training is hugely successful.
From the Women’s Health magazine here’s 7 super-simple straightforward rules to can start Today!
The 7 Simplest Weight Loss Strategies
- Read Food Labels–You should read food labels like you read your Facebook feed: closely.
- Choose Unsaturated Fat Over Saturated–Meals high in saturated fat (that’s one of the aging fats) produce lower levels of leptin than low-fat meals with the exact same calories.
- Quench Your Thirst (Don’t Feed It!)–The reason some people eat is because their satiety centers are begging for attention. But sometimes, those appetite centers want things to quench thirst, not to fill the stomach.
- Limit Your Alcohol Intake–For weight loss, avoid drinking excessive alcohol—not solely because of its own calories, but also because of the calories it inspires you to consume later.
- Eat the Right Kind of Carbs–Eating a super-high-carb diet increases a protein called neuropeptide Y (NPY), which decreases your metabolism and increases your appetite.
- Have More Sex–In any waist management plan, you can stay satisfied. Not in the form of a dripping double cheeseburger but in the form of safe, healthy, monogamous sex.
- Get a Step Ahead of Your Cravings–There will be times when you can’t always control your hormone levels, and you feel hungrier than a lion on a bug-only diet.
You might also like
Honey in the Comb–nothing could be more natural. Straight from the hive to you. Enjoying honey straight from the honeycomb is an experience you won’t forget when you break apart
Please excuse the personal nature of this post. But, why have a blog if you can’t get personal every once in a while, right? I travelled downstate about a three
For the utmost in extravagant indulgence, Estée Lauder introduces new Eye and Lip Palettes in Precious Golds and Deep, Winter Reds in this holiday’s Pure Color Extravagant Collection. “Fantasy, luxury